Thursday, January 14, 2010

How I don't know what I should do with my hands when I talk to you. How you don't know where you should look, so you look at my hands.

Good morning, world.

Yesterday was pretty sweet, I woke up pretty early (around 9:30) and finished up most of my work at TCG player regarding doing some reformatting of their online forum and fixing up how they had structured some of the forum along with writing a 3,000 word article about pretty much nothing at all. Being a writer online by deadline has made me appreciate just how fucking hard it is to actually produce content that individuals are willing to read. At first I expected that any puke you write will get generally positive reviews and people will pretty much always comment on it, and its the decklists//material in question that will matter most. It was fortunate that I always put my good foot forward writing content that I could actually be proud of, or I definitely would have been out of a job. The community definitely calls you out on being a fucker, whether it be your arrogance in writing or lack of skill thereof.

So after being up for a while Jason Myatt came over and we played HoN (I mostly taught him stuff, hes new) online for four or so hours before Sarah had IM'd me asking if I was interested in hanging out. Of course, I was so I went downtown with Jason and we played some cards at the store (I won all my games muahahah) which went fine. Jasper was unusually arrogent, Ben in a good mood, and Dan Howard seemed fine as well, short the part where he explained getting laid off. Its always hugely annoying when friends of mine lose their job like that, always bums me out a bit even if Im not particularly good friends with Dan.

From NW I went to Sarahs, which was a pretty easy walk all in all, and I was able to find it with little difficultly minus the slight bit of getting lost and a weird tiff with a hobo. We watched some crazy Japanese movie with her (mostly sleeping) roommate Chris who recently found himself completely bound to his chair unable to move. He broke his leg something terrible, so hes just sort of unable to really do anything forever. Regardless, the movie was really bizarre but also pretty entertaining, it involved a girl who was obsessed with the hedonism and whatnot from the rococo era of France, and her really butch friend and their adventures, largely including frilly 'baby' clothes and motorcycles and rediculous over the top humor. But, I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

Afterwards we went to a small gathering of Sarah's friends on the other side of the capitol. Her friends were pretty cool, and we spend a couple of hours shooting the shit mostly talking about Blob Fish, Old Commercials/board games, people dying in apartments (those are the three most memorable topics, I mean Im sure we discussed other random stuff) but all in all it was not awkward at all and I felt fine about my interactions with them so thumbs up for not being rediculously socially awkward and failing at human interaction. Whoot! Afterwards I went back to Sarah's (like two AM) and we slept, I had to get up early (7am) to give George back his buspass that I snatched from him since I'm not in school this semester. Which, leaves me here. In the warmth of my meager apartment, alone.

It ain't so bad though.

-John

---

Through the maze of twisting streets,
your apartment complex aloft the
fire steps - we trudged up. The
neighbors below you, their cigarettes
are the air; your cigarette is my air.

I hear murmurs of "She's not your type."
and laugh. When you ask "What?"
I smile and nod,
"Oh, nothing."

No comments:

Post a Comment