Saturday, September 5, 2009

A casket burried six feet deep for everybody's heros.

Hi blog.

I'm feeling pretty lonely right now. Katie said she was going to call me to hang out and never did. Erykka hasn't called me to talk in a long time, Madison and George are both out doing whatever, and I'm still home alone bored doing nothing.

I kind of feel like for the first time in a while that my life sucks. I sort of don't have anything going on. I want to cook dinner for my friends, but I don't have any friends who'd appreciate it, I want to write poetry for competition, but all the competitions have submission fees I can't pay, I want to go to school but my medication is raping my sleep schedule constantly so sometimes I skip class. I actually feel like my poetry is on an decline lately, which sucks because I was so pleased with what I was doing - now its all derivative crap.

Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains is pretty much the only thing in my life I am consistently enjoying. I am like the coolest person ever, my last fm top15 is infuckingcredible, as is my music tastes in general.

As for everything else...I've been playing video games, and not progressing anything in my life in the slightest. whoo-hoo. :/

On the ball room floor, those
skirt chasers, those crass
beiges and browns bumbling
over to our fair lady are alive.

Her eyes
push us away. Her deep purple
dress flows lightly at the edges.

An extra layer of cotton pink
across her shoulder? Count
the light in frames refusing to
parallel. You could buy

something that nice, some
males, some men. You could
put a price tag on that dress and
those high heeled shoes.

The water fountain in the courtyard
a cascade of diamonds, pouring out
eternal life into the sewers of New York
are nearing the end of their lifespan.

The cracking of the vase the naked woman
carries, the crumbling of the ledges around
the statue; retirement may
be in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment