Saturday, September 12, 2009

We'll be coming back on rusted wheels and bloody knees.

Since my last update, I've been literally in the same cycle of not doing very much at all.  I go to school, I sleep, I eat (not really, I've had virtually nothing to eat in days, though a friend of mine sent me 15$, which is pretty sick) and hang out with Katie, pretty much the only friend I have left who I can go see because the rest live on the far side of town or in another state.  It sort of compounds everything by the fact that Katie and I aren't doing the best these days.  

I haven't heard back from Star City Games for my article writing thingy, so I assume that means no.  Is it because I'm a bad writer?  Who knows, but either way I guess I''ll have to apply to write elsewhere.   I'd like to write for this site though because all my friends in real life do. T_T

I wish my financial aid would hurry the hell up, I want a new computer and I want to be able to pay my fair share of rent!  =(

Lately I've felt like I've been excluded from my roomate (and best friend's) day to day activities in the form of never ever being invited to doing anything that him and Kalen are doing.  The three of us used to hang out all the time, and now he just comes home at 2am and says "yea I was hanging out with Kalen at his place" and then passes out, while I'm here basically doing nothing and largely bored.  Somewhat frustrating.  I considered sending him a passive-aggressive text message of some kind, but declined.

I'm really enjoying living with my brother, and I think he is enjoying living in Madison (if not with me, I'm not the worlds best brother, and hes sort of obsessive compulsive, whereas I'm very laid back and unorganized) and has a new GF, which is good for him.  

Here is some poetry.

---

They say if you lose something,
you should look in the last place
you would expect to find it.

I found you on the footsteps
leading up to my front porch.
The sun had vanished that day,
as had the color in your cheeks
since we last had met.

I stood in silence behind you
listening to the still beating
of your heart. Averting your
eyes, you whirled around to
greet me.

You were something surreal, a
Boschean painting layered into
the orange and red autumn leaves.
Your eyes stuck out like sore thumbs.

With each fingernail a different color,
you raised your left hand above your
heart and waved.

We said nothing; time passed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment