Thursday, September 3, 2009

I swear I left my sanity someplace in this mess, crumpled between empty beers and packs of cigarettes.

Today was relatively interesting.  I had was up pretty early, and really didn't have too much going on, so I just hung out testing magic on the computer while my bro was at school, and Madison was passed out.  I woke him up for work at 8:45 because I knew he had work at 9.  He *SLEEP LIED* to me and said he worked at 10, which he definatively does not remember, what the hell?

So I invented a new deck for 1.x, and starting writing an article about my opinions on the new format and what direciton its heading in for either TCGPlayer and SCG, SCG pays more and I might actually be able to write there, which would be completely amazing.  A lot of people I respect as friends write for SCG, and it would be fun to be part of the group. =)

Around 2 or so after Katie was off school we hung out for an hour and a half or so, before I had to go home to make sure George had his bike returned to him so he could go and meet up with some cute girl he likes.  I'm pretty happy for him, he definately deserves to have a little cutie running around with him, hes a nice guy.

I took a short three hour or so nap, before Link, Reza, and Austin, some hooligans from Janesville showed up to play some magic cards, which was very fun.  I didn't expect them till much later, so I had to cancel some prior plans, but It didn't seem to matter so much.

At NW, Jasper and I had the awkward "so do we hate eachother?" talk.  Jesus fucking christ sometimes he just blows my mind.  The way he talked to me was so..."I won, shes mine, haha in your face" it just made me want to grab him by the throat and kill him.  You didn't win - you are a depressed pathetic person sucking the life out of a very alive and talented person.  It's easy to love someone because they're the only thing you have, it doesn't make you just or secure, it makes you an emotional leech.

Anywho, I basically told him I don't care, him and Erykka are still together, whatever - we can just forget about whatever happened and act as normal.  Considering Erykka's compelte avoidance of me, it shouldn't be difficult for no complications to arise anyway.  Really at this point, I just wish there was some closure.  It really was a transition of uh hanging out and enjoying eachothers company a lot and having fun, to a weekend where she ditched on some very nice plans I had arranged for us, to not talkign to me, to apologizing and having some aim conversations,  to not speaking to me whatsoever.  Really, I just want to hear her say that she wants to be left alone / isn't intersted in our friendship / anything.  Just so I know that there isn't anything I can do to salvage what could be a really cool friend.

And now, after some hanging out, soda drinking, etc, I have class in like three and a half hours.  So I have some...choices. Lol.  I think I'll probably sleep, set infinate alarms and just get up with minimal sleep and jam it.  I have plans to go to the mall today so I shouldn't bail on those.

Anywho, I'm off.

-John

Untitled

That man is the kind of man
with the bulging, hemmorhaging
veins like roadways coursing 
up his thick arms.

He is the kind of man
who had quit, before you
offered him a cigarette -
you don't know how bad
things can get.

My father, her boyfriend,
his brother; those huge arms
around the rings of her
esophogus, pushing the matter

of air out through her mouth
and between the gaps in his 
fingers. It isn't hard
to watch these things,

from the gray matter box 
of a television monitor, 
or from the balcony of my
apartmnt complex peering

over the peeled paint 
railings spying on them.
On my back, the morning
sun peels over the curtain -

they throw their vocal chords
through my window in despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment