Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I don't want solidarity if it means holding hands with you~

!!!!

Yay!

Whoo!

Etc.

Since friday I've had a very pleasant series of days. Around noon we left for Minneapolis in Jason Myatts car, dreams of winning our very own GP so close to our home town, and laughing about this and that while listening to autotune the news on my cell phone. The trip went by like nothing, four hours in a car seemed like 10 minutes and suddenly I was at a venue with some good friends playing a little magic and watching Jason scrub from a grinder. O well! We were off to Collin's uncle's house (that happens to be HUGGEEEE) for free food/soda ala their awesome hospitality, and some hot tub time with three other guys (yea yea) before an amazing nights sleep in a queen sized bed. Beats the hell out of shitty motel 6 any day folks.

The next morning we were awoken to Collin's family making us pancakes (!!!!!!!) and before too long we were out the door and ready to battle with cards. With only one bye in the tournament, I was able to win five straight matches in a row, only one short of making day two of the tournament in a draft format I was more than confident with my ability in. Unfortunately, the world had it in for me (as usual) and I quickly lost three matches consecutively with little resistance to each opponent. Well, fuck. I felt pretty degenerate about the entire thing. So close yet again. Its been so long since I've been successful at a tournament, Im starting to feel like all the traveling I've done was a waste. I can't let myself feel like this again, that time I spent after my failure with gaming full-time for almost a year was so bad. I have to just pick myself up, even if I'm upset with failure. After beating myself up for literally two hours about it, I went outside of the venue to find I had recieved a text message from Arielle (like five hours prior, but I didn't have reception inside the building) which pretty much picked me up for most of the evening.

I spent most of Sunday just hanging out with friends and enjoying myself as much as possible while not playing in the PTQ on day2 mostly due to lack of interest. I had just spent the last day playing 14 hours of magic to lead up to a huge let-down, and I didn't really feel like going for it again, especially if my streak of awfulness kept up at this rate. Regardless, I had good times with friends and did a bunch of testing for rome (which resulted in a lack of interest in the tournament for me. I had the option of going but I couldn't see in any way in which it was worth it for me)

Once home, I just relaxed and started writing my article for TCG player and showered etc. I cleaned up the apartment a bit in anticipation of Arielle's visit planned for Monday, went over to Kalen's for the newest Dexter (which was pretty mediocre) then went to bed. Madison was up all night listening to some pretty rediculous music. Not the least of which was Lady Gaga's Bad Romance, and "I don't like the look of this" - a willy wonka inspired rap song / video. Yes, its strange. O_o

So then there was the 'date' I had been waiting for. It is funny writing about her, mostly because she will read it, which leaves me with a funny feeling where its like - she knows exactly what I thought, because I keep a public diary of them, whereas I'm not entirely sure of her opinions on the night, though I imagine they are positive. Regardless, I did my shopping for food, as I was cooking for her tonight. I gave my mom a call to tell her how much I love her for teaching my how to cook (and if there is anyone out there looking to get me sexed up, its probaby my mother, even before myself) and then showered/sat around playing games until she called me so I could take her to my apartment. She had gotten off the number four bus about ten to six, and needed help getting back to my apartment, so I assisted. I proceeded to cook some dinner (making her open the cans with the TERRIBLE can opener, muahahaha) and talk to her for a good hour and a half or so before we had to leave for the concert. Having not cooked in a while I feel like I did just fine, which was nice considering I had fumbled in my brain on everything in the recipe. Luckily, its italian food so you can't really fuck it up too bad. I was very happy to see her, let me tell you. I do often wish I wasn't so shy/timid when meeting new people, it makes me seem like I have a lack of self-confidence or something (which I definately do not -_-) and it makes it difficult for me to communicate my feelings correctly at first, because I'm often fighting for the balance of words to say something nice without sounding like a creep. Blah, I just over think things Im quite sure. John - you are not creepy, you are charming and smart *breaths in* - *breaths out*

So we went to the Screamin' Cyn Cyn and the Pons show (and two other completely irrelavent bands that were not very good, and quite loud >.>) which was fantastic. I'm going to stop by the cup-cakery to say hey to shane to tell him how much I loved the show next chance I get, and hopefully get some coffee. I think she really enjoyed herself (in fact I know she did, she said so!) and Adrian was there, which was awesome. We all told stories and laughed together, it was very fun. Adrian mentioned something that made me laugh, and also think a bit. How 'at that age' (he was refering to a time when he was like 19 or so) when you slept with someone, it meant you were 'together' or something to that effect. It makes me wonder a bit about labelization of relationships, and how you even bridge a gap from 'seeing eachother' to a 'relationship' or 'whothefuckcareswhatthisis'. Like do you have to shake on it (sex on it? haha) to go from friends to a relationship? Or is it something that happens in a weird unspoken way. At what point can you say "My girlfriend" without over stepping bounds. Oh these things are so silly, but I can't help but wonder how this all fits in, I actually find it quite interesting on a psychological level how indepth it really all is.

So I walked her back to her place, and took a bus home, and such was my night. It was quite amazing, and I'm very happy. Hopefully I'll see her again later this week. ;D

I have a dentist appointment soon. Very, very soon. I will get judged, a bunch of random nurses and a dentist will think Im gross, then numb my face and repair me. Whoo. Suffice to say, I'm 200% terrified of the dentist, so this will be awful. But its very worthwhile I supposeeeee.

Anywhooooooo, that is all. :]

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment