Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Your love is like a cyclone in a swamp, and the weather's getting warmer.

I originally intended to just do a poetry update tonight, but I want to write moar! rawr!

I've been writing rather fervently lately. Even with my manuscript complete, sent off, accepted and so forth I have no relented in the slightest in my quest for the improvement in my style. I also began editing the novel I had worked on for ages. It really is a sad piece of fiction, considering a large part of the novella is about Katrina, I find it somewhat painful to read, even if I enjoy the manner in which its written. I swear I should come with a disclaimer on my forehead that says "WILL WRITE THINGS ABOUT YOU IF YOU ARE MY FRIEND"

Influences are a pretty marvelous thing, really. I was thinking about how if I was a hermit I would have an inability to write about anything at all really, because I always find my poetry coming back to the interactions I experience with others, and how I fictionalize them. I think its crazy that so many authors can just bury themselves in their own mind for so long and write. I need a constant stream of information. On weeks prior where I had done very little with my days, sleeping, gaming, eating pretty much exclusively - there was just nothing to write about. I could barely place a sentence on the page when I forced my mind to. How odd.

Sadomasochism came to mind a bit ago, as I had mentioned in passing about my relations about such a girl to a friend, whom remarked "Wow...how'd you let THAT one get away." Which essentially made me re-evaluate some things about people, and about our habits. I did a small bit of thinking (which I'll get back to) while re-watching (though something tells me I've never seen it, just heard enough about it and watched enough small clips to gather its contents rather decently) and honestly, I can't see how a male would apreciate that type of value system in a person. Now, I do not disrespect those who involve themselves in BDSM relationships, nor do I judge them, but I can't see how a person would *want* this. Its hard to imagine how you WANT to choke, hit, etc, a girl during sex. I can't help but think that someone must've happened to you as a child or young adult that would make hurting and dominating people an attractive thing. It transends that though, into dominant/submissive relationships in general (strictly not in the bedroom, perhaps) Either way It has also come up in conversation with a number of people, and I thought it was worth some thought if it kept coming up.

That was an odd entry, I leave you with a poem (or two!)

Puppet Theater

At an even trajectory each silhouette
shutters - your empty voice, my prying eyes.

I wish you had not made that E, a closed mouth
hum following your mispronunciation.

I could not remain with you. I wanted
a note for every vowel. We are staged,

a pair of marionettes, an opera. Interact
with me - tug my strings to pressure my

lips against the tiny hairs on your neck. What
a lonesome puppet I am. What

obstruction can we bring to this performance,
this Shakespeare, this Carmen? For a rude

performer I am a rude audience, but she is
of the nicest character. Put her on stage alone.

Names

Associate me, dear.

Associate me with him.

Associate the letter J to jelousy,
or to intimacy - I had not loved
like I had loved you. If only I could
find such flattering things to say of us.

Associate these terms of endearment
to the ticking time bomb of this
typewriter, this maelstrom of words
eching into the cracks of your brain.

Associate with me prepositions to describe
the ways in which our relationship had turned.
Under, around, beneath the adjective stepping
peacefully away while you cried in my arms.

I associate nothing with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment