Sunday, November 1, 2009

It rains on the city traffic puzzle - shifting pieces like my stomache were both so upset~

I'm rarely really 'excited' for anything these days. Sure, I often find myself heavily anticipating something as simple as a Magic event, but most often than not, I'm just going through life, waiting for my big break (well, waiting for the repercussions of my big break, as I've already had it) or just sort of taking everything day by day. Really, I've often found that the things that excite me the most, are often the most irresponsible, or spontaneous things about.

In this particular case, I've met a girl, named Arielle. She seems absolutely fantastic, let me tell you a few things about her. She is a Junior at UW Madison, a Vocal Performance major (wow!) who sings in operas and the like at the UW, which seems absolutely fantastic. She likes writing creative fiction, and generally seems very intelligent. I have a date with her on thursday, and we plan to watch some horror films together. It is a genre of which I do not particularly enjoy (as my close friends can attest to, looking at you Nicole and Madison) but it should be fun. Its interesting that our first date will most likely be at one of our apartments, usually you go out to a nuetral environment, but I'm not against this.

Suffice to say, Im very excited.

We have to pay rent on Friday, and I don't know if Madison and I can afford the GP. I really, REALLY want to go, I feel like I have such a solid understanding of this format, and that I WILL do well at this event, if I can go. I'm getting my paycheck from Chedy for 75$ (three articles) and I don't really know if that will get me there alone. We'll have to see how things pan out, regardless, I wouldn't want to go if it meant leaving Madison behind as well. That would be really unfair to him.

Im happy that some people have attained some enjoyment from reading my blog. I never intended this space to really be more than a public expression of my personal thoughts, but a lot of people have mentioned how much they enjoy reading about the day to day life of a total bum. Thanks to all of you, I really apreciate it.

--------

The Meat Flower

It was the one time, the
'once and a while'
when the meat flower bloomed.

She had told me how much
she wanted to gaze upon the meat
flower, the corpse stench
hanging off each leaf, the thick
ominous stem shooting up from
the ground. I thought to myself
in those days that there
is nothing I'd rather do
than smell the rotting
flesh of the meat flower -
with her hand
in mine.

There is nothing
more factual to me
now than the smell of
rotting meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment