Saturday, November 28, 2009

We will walk the earth in seperate states, but I am only a phone call away.

Hi! ( I cannot find a youtube link to the song in my title, it is "Even Cheerleaders Get Lonely" by Danielle Ate the Sandwich. If you ask nicely I will send it to you. ;D )

Today was pretty chill. I was pretty stressed out upon waking up for pretty silly, embarrassing reasons that I'd prefer to not go into detail on, but I managed to pick my day up by hanging out with my roommate Madison and getting a good jump on my article for the coming week. I've found that I will generally always be late on my deadline if I reserve all my work for the last minute largely because I just lack the motivation to sit for two hours and write about nothing but Magic. So if I do it in a half-n-half fashion, I pretty much always end up with a better more well-rounded result that I am happy to submit, rather than something I tossed together because "hey its 1am and my article is due by 8am...time to get to work"

Oh, rewind to last night, where I'm standing outside of NW downtown with about twenty minutes to burn before my friend arrived to play some Magic with myself thinking "You know you should really call her, she seems to like you, and you like her, so you like, you know, like...call? Yea, call, thats what you do when you want to talk to someone, you call them...but...what if she doesn't want to talk to you? I mean if she wanted to talk to you she would have called YOU, you don't have to be the go-getter, plus you'll probably just come off as desperate or annoying if you call her. So don't!" I had this conversation with myself in my head maybe once or twice more before deciding that I'll just call her tomorrow, but as fate would hate it I'm completely incompetant at using touch-screen phones and shortly thereafter the phone was ringing calling her (I pressed call insted of...you know...not call) and suddenly her voice is on the other line saying hello. As it turns out she was with a friend so eventually she called me back later. I don't know why I'm so silly when it comes to these 'new' things. I swear I have to be the most rediculous person ever. I will stress out forever about the dumbest little things that really don't matter all that much in the grand scheme of things (like whether or not I should call someone who probably would like to hear from me) but when it comes to actual-factual relationship stuff I always nail it without hesitation. I think most people are the total opposite, but who knows. Either way, mission accomplished - I had a lovely little conversation and made myself feel silly for the ramp-up to it when she was so clearly interested in speaking to me. Arielle and I have plans to have plans (yep) later this week, of which I'm extremely excited for.

That was an enourmous wall of text with no line breaks. Enjoy.

That is mostly all, I am not going to my friend chris' house to play some Settlers of Catan and enjoy Cheese Fondue (whoohoo!) which at first I wasn't terribly excited to be invited to, but now I actually feel like its going to be very fun. I'm going to meet his GF Carlie as well, and hopefully play some Starcraft with him after shes all done gaming, or even some T2 Magic. =)

Good week coming up me thinks, or at least, I have a good feeling about it, whatever that means.

Here is some poetry.

---

Casserole of the Damned

We stand under the glow
of the holy halogen
as it collects the wayward smoke
from your Parliament full flavors.

A little selfish, if you ask me.
(You don’t)
Maybe the soft white bulb
in the reading lamp likes
secondhand smoke as well.
As usual,
you never bothered to ask it.

Minus the creaking
Of hundred year-old appliances,
Silence fills the kitchen.
There’s really nothing to say

Except, of course,
“should we check on the casserole?

And the big question.
Both of us are thinking it,
but neither wants to ask it out loud.

It’s the question that is weighing
so heavily on our minds,
that we are leaving shoe imprints
in the hardest kitchen tile in the all the world.
“Why the fuck are we making a casserole?

EDIT:

Going to Chris' place was totally awesome. I met his GF who is getting her PHD in Psychology at the UW, and she was really nice. We played a couple games of Settlers of Catan, and Dominion, both of which were very, very enjoyable. We also had cheese fondue. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment