Friday, November 6, 2009

I've never seen such a beautiful beautician.

Today was...awesome.

So I woke up, did the whole class thing, slept, and then met up with a girl whom I had met online. Her name is Arielle (R-E-L to say, not like the little mermaid.) and let me tell you, it was fantastic meeting her.

She gave me her phone number via email, and at around 2:30 I was on the bus headed downtown to meet her. I called her up and said we should meet outside the museum on statestreet, we did, and I sheepishly presented myself (wearing only the finest of attire) and offered to shake her hand. Since we were downtown we walked around and introduced ourselves inside the art museum, which was very fun. I told her about how I'm a magic player and I do a lot of traveling, and that I'm a writer and whatnot. She told me about opera, and we commented on the art. It was just fine.

Then we had plans to go back to my place to watch a movie. We caught the four just in time to be completely bombarded by high school kids, which brought on some fun talk of our high school days. Turns out she is from the same area of chicago that I grew up in (northwest suburbs) and we were both familar with the areas we formerly lived in. We arrived promtly at my house, where I gave George his buspass and introduced him to Arielle. The house was empty, and I turned on some tunage and we passed about an hour just talking about whatever. Interestingly enough we never ran out of things to talk about, and she comes off as very inteligent, but in a very quirky way. Her hair is short (and when I say short, I mean short) which I like a ton, and she smiled a lot, it was nice.

So we sat around and talked as I mentioned, then we threw in "The Matrix" on my brother's PS2 and we spent most of the first fifty or so minutes continuing our talking from before, and after that we did some cuddling and watched with some meager comments here and there about the amazingness of the movie's structure. We both had awesome things to say about the movie itself (structure, plot, developement, etc) which made for very interesting conversation. Afterwards, I noted that her bus wasn't coming for about forty minutes, so...I kissed her? Yes, I'm not one to do such rash things, really, its not really 'me' per se to be so agressive, but I had a gut feeling that things were going so well, even if she wasn't cool with it things would blow over fine, plus I'm totally suave when presenting such ideas (kissing and so forth) I basically referenced a discussion I had had with my Australian mate Bradley regarding kissing on the first date, and when its apropriet. I personally felt like the first date kiss was a thing that wasn't really going to happen all to often, but he said if a girl is coming over to your house you should certainly go for it if things are going well. I asked her for her opinion on the matter, she said something to the effect of 'depends on the girl' which I took as a green light, and jammed it. We talked for a while longer, I walked her to the bus, we kissed, and done. Amazing night ;)

Afterwards I was kind of adrenalined out (so much nerve usage...) so I took a small nap before Kalen texted me saying we were going to watch dexter and have a few drinks over at his place. Thirty minutes and a couple mohitos later I was having a blast and hanging out with friends. I can't say I've been more pleased with a day in a long, long time.

Tomorrow I have a concert with Katrina to go to - The Mountain Goats! I'm so thrilled to be able to see him again, that man, John Darnielle, how impressive can one person be. A far better poet that myself he is! (And Yoda, I am?)

Side note to long time readers of my blogs - I've set to invisable a lot of previous blog entries. I've been meeting a lot of people lately, and a lot of people have access to my blog. I figure that it is better than I tell them darker things about my best, my feelings and my general emo'ness personally, rather than have them read it in its irrational distrought in poetic verse. Its not a matter of embaressment really, more a matter of wanting information to be provided as I see fit, not as much as one is inclined to read.

That wraps up one hell of a blog entry. Good luck to my friend Adrian Sullivan who is having surgery tomorrow (though I don't know for what) you'll be fine buddy!

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment