Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rains on the city traffic puzzle - shifting pieces just like my stomache were both so upset. Love sick and sick of it.

Today was pretty awesome, all in all.

I woke up around noon, and gave my friend Becky a call, which resulted in a ten or so minute conversation, then we met at EVP for Coffee on East Wash. We talked about a large cavalcade of things, a fair share of the 'getting to know you' stuff, thrown in with some talk of music and writing. Before you know it we were off for a bike ride downtown, where we stopped in at the museum and pondered around the galleries for a while. I thought it was funny she had such a huge problem with me touching art, which basically just made me want to put my hands all over it (you know I love doing things people tell me not to) so the art thing was relatively short lived, haha. We walked around the square, and checked out the library. There was a sweet book called "The Encyclopedia of Fun" that was from the 60s. The games didn't sound that fun, in fact, male to female interaction didn't sound that fun in the 60s. =( It was really fun meeting her / hanging out with her and I hope I can meet up with her again in the future.

Eventually I drafted a couple times at the store, going 1-2 and then 3-0. My deck in the 2nd draft was one of the most insane decks I've ever drafted, not even close. I was really happy with it and ended up significantly more wealthy than when I had walked into the card store.

This weekend there is a tournament in Iowa, and I do not think I can go, although I got a tempting offer from my friend Jason "If you go, I'll pay for you and you can pay me back whenever" now, I don't know what that means exactly, but I feel negatively about borrowing money from everyone. Perhaps I'll ask Katie for that last 10$ she owes me, and try to scrape up some cash from the bottom of the barrel for this event, or just not go. I sort of ditched out on plans with her tonight which I feel bad about, so it wouldn't hurt to be in town to spend time with her regardless. I don't want to lose any friends being a flake. >:/

Class tomorrow. I finished both my paper AND my article for TCGplayer, so I'm fucking rockin' the world now.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment