Thursday, October 29, 2009

I know one thing, I'll be one tough act to follow.

I have a lot of respect for Eminem as a raper. His more introspective songs are lyrically so deep and meaningful, even if typically I have no desire to listen to his music. He said that one thing that makes me confident in who I am as a person. I may have left the stage, but I'll be one tough act to follow; and she knows.

The last couple days have progressed as usual. I've had some interesting discussion with my mother today on Walt Witman, an author whom neither of us as had an affinity for as far as reading his material is concerned, but he is a revolutionary in American poetry, regardless. That self reflection, that idea of discribing things that happen to you in your life in exetensialism. That is all Walt.

Of the people I have met lately, one that has stuck out strangely is a girl whom approached me randomly, and without notice through facebook. An ex of a magic player I know, her name is Amber. I wouldn't expect at any given time for a random girl who I do not know to come out of the woodwork and basically up-front hit on my over the internet. She lives in Janesville, and I've been talking to her a lot lately. She is relatively interesting, though I don't know if its even possible to have a relationship with her due to the huge distance issue (I do not drive, obviously) and the fact that she works/goes to school so it appears as though she has a very busy schedule, sucks.

There was something there with Katie Lee, but it seems like all girls she ran off. She doesn't talk to me at all anymore, either through phone or text, which is the 100% opposite of what she was doing when I wasn't acting interested in her. I swear she only wanted me when I didn't want her, and then the moment I'm interested she runs off. Some people are so rediculous.

And the final female in my life, whos name I will not disclose, seems pretty promising. She lives in Madison, is a slam poet, likes museums and book readings, and seems generally awesome. I don't know a ton about her though, so we'll see how that pans out.

As for non girl related stuff, I'm mostly just hanging out. I'm suprised to find how easy it has been to meet people for me, as prior to dating Katie, girls were never interested in me. I don't know how to react now that I literally have FOUR girls who could be potential dating partners. Its like, what? How did THAT happen. I'm not even trying particularly hard. I've mostly just been working on getting my own personal life together, as soon I will be in the buisiness of looking for a house, buying a car, etc. I want things to be going well BEFORE that happens, I want to be happy first and foremost.

That is all for today. My plans for the week are limited. I feel so bored these days.

1 comment:

  1. im interested to see how the girl issues pan out...and its nice to read that u appreciate Witman..ever since high school im actually quite a bit of a fan...ur growing up john i can say im happy to see it :)

    ReplyDelete