Thursday, August 20, 2009

I read your letter -- the one you left when you broke into my house.

I don't even know what to write about, but I want to update my blog.

Today I woke up a 1:45 to Butters using my face as a stepping ladder to reach the window sill in my room. We started opening the window in our bedroom now, so it is often room temperature instead of a hotbox. No idea why I didn't think to do that sooner. -_-;;

I called Erykka to see what she was up to for the day (embarrassingly, I almost feel like its getting to be slightly routine [I mean that loosely and nicely] that I call her when I wake up.) Did I just use parenthesis inside of parenthesis? I'm amazing. x]

I went out of George's computer and did some work on my poetry chapbook while waiting for him to get back from hanging out with Brandon. The three of us went to the mall together, which involved me getting new shoelaces and playing a couple rounds of DDR. TILT, the arcade at the mall is having a lock-in for 8$ to play unlimited arcade games, so I think George and I will go to that. It sounds like it will be very fun. We love our unlimited DDR more than anyone. At some point during that Erykka called me and said she wanted to hang out for a while, and we did. I picked up my bike at MATC on the way home and we hung out, talked, etc for a good two hours before she had to go have dinner with her parents. I walked her to the bus stop and waited with her until her bus showed up.

Since then, I've watched an episode of Dexter, and am now on a computer at truax MATC doing FAFSA related stuff while blogging. Largely, I feel pretty bored. The classes I'm taking don't particularly interest me, though I need to take them so I can take classes that do interest me. How boring. T_T

Here are some poems.

Cigarette Poem

We stretched our legs over the edge
of the balcony. It was hot.

The majority of the day was spent
alone, sleeping while the pillows

climbed to become clouds above us.They were soft shapes.

If I had only clouds to play with
as a child. (I was given wood blocks.)

My gums were bleeding.
She’s got quite a left hook.

As lanky and skinny as we both were
(Her more so, but virtually only by sex.)

it was easy to make each other bleed. I turned to her.

Pall Mall -- they all smelled the same.
Neither of us wanted to kiss.

---

The Truth About Geography

Terminally, on a hospital bed
I watched her eyes, morose with
the knowledge of death
roll over the flowered wall paper.

She ate too much. It's what
the doctors say. I don't know
that she did anything too much,
really.

She smoked too much. It's what
I would say then, watching the
tubes like roadways puncture
into the concrete of her skin.

The folds and flaps of wrinkled
tissue were then a valley like
those on television. A pixelated
tan Savannah - her skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment